Image Upload

File size must be less than 500kb

File types (jpg, png, gif)






gas-leak-at-skating-rink

Gas leak at Skating Rink

Gas leak at Skating Rink

Gas leak at Skating Rink

Wodonga's Ice skating rink was evacuated at 6pm on Sunday after a gas leak that poisoned patrons with carbon monoxide.

Article continues below

Ten people, including a paramedic, became infected by carbon monoxide that was believed to be emitted by the ice smoothing machine.

One person was treated at the ice rink, while the others admitted themselves to hospital later to be checked over from the poisoning after experiencing nausea and dizziness.

The CFA were called, including a Hazmat crew from Shepparton, to disperse the gas.

Once cleared of the gas, the business was given approval to reopen and continue as usual, however the event is still under investigation.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless odourless gas that left undetected can be fatal.

The Latest