Image Upload

File size must be less than 500kb

File types (jpg, png, gif)






ned-kelly

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

NED KELLY VAULT EXHIBITION ON THE MOVE

After six years of exhibition in the sub-treasury building, the Ned Kelly Vault Exhibition is leaving the Beechworth Historic Precinct.

The Exhibition, presenting aspects of the Ned Kelly and Kelly Gang story, was conceived through the collaborative efforts of independent curator Matt Shore, the late Kelly biographer, Ian Jones and the Burke Memorial Museum in 2014.

Article continues below

A collection of more than 150 artefacts makes up the exhibition, with the Burke Museum owning
20% of the collection and private collectors the remaining 80%, which represents the most extensive known private collection of Kelly artefacts, police and film/pop culture memorabilia in Australia.

Mr Shore and Mr Jones were integral to the collation of the privately owned collection objects and
Mr Shore has brought his knowledge and passion for the Ned Kelly story to the exhibition project over the last six years.

Indigo Shire has provided the exhibition space, ticketing and marketing, professional curation and collection management and the necessary insurances for such a valuable collection of artefacts.

More than 40 local volunteers have staffed the building pre-COVID closure, and they have welcomed more than 100,000 precinct visitors to the Ned Kelly Vault exhibition during its time in Beechworth.

Indigo Shire Council CEO, Trevor Ierino said more than 25,000 people a year visit the Historic Precinct and the Ned Kelly Vault exhibition has been a highly successful addition to the experience.

The Latest